- Feb 04 - Feb 06
- Dubai Opera, Dubai - Auditorium
Russian State Ballet and Opera House comes to Dubai Opera with the most romantic ballet in the world, Giselle.
The gravely ill peasant girl Giselle falls in love with the handsome Prince Albrecht, who has been unfaithful to her. When jealous rivals claim her fiancé, the heartbreak is too much for her to bear. Weakened by her ill health and driven mad by despair, Giselle takes her own life.
After her funeral Prince Albrecht visits her grave. The spirits of women betrayed before their wedding days return to take revenge on their philandering fiancés by dancing them to death. Only Giselle’s powerful love saves the remorseful Albrecht from this cruel fate, proving that love can conquer all – even death.
This is an opportunity for ballet lovers to see Giselle as never before. Former award-winning Bolshoi Ballet Soloist Konstantin Ivanov has created an original production superb set and handmade costumes.
Giselle remains one of the most celebrated classical ballets!
Safety Measures - Covid 19
• Wearing a face mask is mandatory at all times even inside the auditorium, gloves are optional.
• We have limited our seating capacity to maintain social distancing within the auditorium.
• Buying tickets online is recommended.
• Please choose mobile ticket or e-ticket delivery method.
• The maximum number of seats that can be selected online is up to 4 seats. Please email [email protected] if your group is larger.
• Please make your seat selection strictly based on your group size (1, 2, 3 or 4). Please ensure no empty seat remains next to your selection.
• Social distancing will be maintained inside the auditorium, please sit in your assigned seat only.
• Families are allowed to sit together (a maximum of 4 people).
• Compliance with the stated safety measures is legally required in all areas within the venue.
• The Opera Cafe and Bars open 2 hours before the show begins.
• Latecomers may only be admitted at a suitable pause.
• Please ensure you read Dubai Opera’s Covid-19 safety measure information before your visit.
• You will be required to bring a face mask, and where it at all times, including inside the Auditorium. You will be asked to leave if you are not wearing your face mask correctly.