- Feb 07 - Feb 08
- Dubai Opera, Dubai - Auditorium
Russian State Opera is set to delight you with the powerful and dramatic production of Carmen – feel the thrill of fiery passion, jealousy and violence of 19th century Seville in Bizet’s most popular opera.
Carmen tells the story of the downfall of Don José, a naïve soldier who falls head over heels in love with Carmen, a seductive, free-spirited femme fatale. The infatuated Don José abandons his childhood sweetheart and neglects his military duties, only to lose the fickle Carmen to the glamorous toreador Escamillo.
The music of Carmen has been widely acclaimed for the brilliance of its melodies, enthralling atmosphere and orchestration, as well as for the skill with which Bizet musically represented the emotions and suffering of his characters.
The Toreador Song is among the best known of all operatic arias.
The rich and colourful vigour of the gypsies’ scenes will have you on the edge of your seat, the vibrancy, enthusiasm and intensity of the performances will reverberate long after the final curtain has fallen
Love, treachery, passion and betrayal, Carmen has it all.
Carmen – the most powerful, enjoyable and tuneful opera.
Music by Georges Bizet. Sung in French with English Surtitles
“Always top-quality productions from this producer”. Stage Talk Magazine
Featuring an impressive cast and accompanied by a live Orchestra
Safety Measures - Covid 19
• Wearing a face mask is mandatory at all times even inside the auditorium, gloves are optional.
• We have limited our seating capacity to maintain social distancing within the auditorium.
• Buying tickets online is recommended.
• Please choose mobile ticket or e-ticket delivery method.
• The maximum number of seats that can be selected online is up to 4 seats. Please email [email protected] if your group is larger.
• Please make your seat selection strictly based on your group size (1, 2, 3 or 4). Please ensure no empty seat remains next to your selection.
• Social distancing will be maintained inside the auditorium, please sit in your assigned seat only.
• Families are allowed to sit together (a maximum of 4 people).
• Compliance with the stated safety measures is legally required in all areas within the venue.
• The Opera Cafe and Bars open 2 hours before the show begins.
• Latecomers may only be admitted at a suitable pause.
• Please ensure you read Dubai Opera’s Covid-19 safety measure information before your visit.
• You will be required to bring a face mask, and where it at all times, including inside the Auditorium. You will be asked to leave if you are not wearing your face mask correctly.